Access to the Virtual File System (VFS) layer
This abstraction tries not to be smart about modes – a File opened with RDONLY will still have a write method, and because file operations are generally fallible, writes will just fail.
This module violently asserts that file names are UTF-8 encoded (a condition easily satisified if only ASCII file names are used).
So far, only a subset of VFS is implemented; in particular, the file system is read-only.
- A directory in the file system
- Directory entry inside a file
- A file handle
- A mount point, represented (and made un-unmountable) by its root directory
- Lending iterator over all mount points
- Results of a file stat operation
- Parameter for seeking in a file